Either parent may be awarded custody. If custody is disputed, it shall than be decided by the court based on the best interests of the child, taking the following factors into consideration:
- The desires of the parents in relation to custody.
- The desires of the child concerning custody.
- The interaction and interrelationship of the child with parents.
- The child's adjustment to the child's home, school and community.
- The willingness and ability of each parent to respect and encourage the bond between child and other parent.
- Evidence of spousal or child abuse either by the parent or someone with whom the parent resides.
- Whether a parent or someone with whom a parent resides is subject to Offender Registration.
[Based on Kansas Statutes 60-16-1610]
|How Can I Get Kansas Child Custody Help?|
- Download The How to Win Child Custody E-Book. Get exclusive child custody information and strategies to enhance your child custody case -- to download now click here.
- Schedule a Coaching Appointment. See below for details on how to schedule a one-on-one coaching session to discuss your situation with me -- Steven Carlson, Child Custody Coach®.
- Consult a Kansas Child Custody Lawyer. If you need legal advice you'll want to consult a Kansas child custody lawyer to learn where you stand legally and what your legal options are.
- Child Custody Coach® Newsletter. Sign up and receive our unique online newsletter designed to provide useful tips and practical information -- to sign up now click here.
|Phone Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
The phone coaching sessions are designed so you can have a fast, efficient, and economical way of scheduling a coaching session to discuss your child custody, child custody evaluation, and/or divorce related matter via telephone in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Phone coaching is flexible and allows you the opportunity to request an appointment before work, after work, or on a weekend or at any time that is convenient for you. The phone coaching session can often be scheduled and take place the same day payment is made and forms are received for those seeking immediate coaching. For full details about fees and how to get started click here.
|In-Person Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
The in-person coaching sessions are designed for parents who prefer face-to-face meetings and are held in Orange County California. Southern California residents in Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura, Long Beach, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego will often request to discuss their matters with me in-person. In-person coaching sessions are held in the Mission Viejo area or Costa Mesa area in South Orange County California and are an option made available to persons who can travel to one of these two locations. For full details about fees and how to get started click here.
|Monthly Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
Monthly coaching is designed to provide ongoing coaching and support throughout the month and provides for an economical way of receiving such support on matters such as divorce, child custody, move-aways, post-judgment modifications, child custody evaluations, etc. Fees are known up front so there are no surprises. This also allows you to choose the plan that is right for you and also works within your budget. Weekly coaching sessions and email communications allow you to discuss your child custody matters, developments, and results regularly throughout the month. For full details on fees and how to get started click here.